- Ready in: Under 10 minutes
- Serves: 1
- Complexity: easy
- 1/4 -1/3 bunch of well washed fresh curly parsley or 2-3 cups fresh spinach leaves*
- 2 inc round of peeled and cored fresh pineapple*
- 1 small organic apple cut and cored - Gala, Fuji, Green, etc.
- The juice of one fresh lime (not bottled, fresh only)
- 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup ice (ice is optional)
- 1 dropper full of Sweet Leaf Liquid Stevia in Lemon Drop flavor - optional
Blend all in a Vitamix or other blender until completely homogenous - usually under 1 minute.
Does well being drank with a straw to keep the lime and pineapple off your teeth.
Follow by drinking some fresh water to rinse it out of your mouth, but due to the lime, don't brush for an hour.
Drink this separately from meals - use it as a starter a half hour before breakfast or as a snack in the middle of the day.
This will make enough for one large serving or for a smaller serving now and a serving within a few hours.
Don't hold it any longer than 4 hours.
*Fresh cut pineapple: usually available peeled and cored in produce section. The cut pineapples are so much more humane and ready to use, but you can buy a whole pineapple and peel/core it yourself. You can also freeze excess pineapple if you find it on sale. You can use canned, unsweetened pineapple in a pinch.
* Use about 1/4 - 1/3 a bunch of parsley or several cups of fresh spinach.
* You can start with less and add more if that helps.
* Parsley is mild, nutrient dense and pretty tasty.
* Kale can be bitter for most at first.
* Lime and lemon are are awesome for reducing swelling and getting your lymph system to move all the surgery debris out of your body.
Here are some good smoothie combos. Spinach or kale can be used in all of them. Be sure to add 1/2 - 1 cup water and/or ice, too.
Liquid stevia by Sweet Leaf is optional, but it's good in them if you're having trouble with the right amount of sweetness. Believe it or not, a couple drops of the English Toffee flavor tames kale in smoothies marvelously, and it doesn't taste like toffee in the mix. Crazy but good.
Parsley + Pineapple + Lime Juice + Stevia
Parsley + Pineapple + Apple + Lime Juice + Stevia
Parsley + Pineapple + Pear + Lime Juice + Stevia
Parsley + Pear + Lime Juice + Stevia
Parsley + Pear + Apple + Lime Juice + Stevia