Chicken Kabobs - Spicy or Mild
- Ready in: 25 min
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: easy
- 1/2 cup Fage '0' plain yogurt (Greek or thick homestyle type)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne (for spicy) or 1/2 tsp. paprika (for mild)
- 1 tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- cherry tomatos, zucchini and sliced onion for grilling - optional
- Sliced cucumbers for serving - optional
- 2 limes, sliced into quarters
In a shallow dish, combine yogurt, onions, garlic, orange juice concentrate, cumin, salt and either the cayenne or paprika, depending on preference.
Add chicken pieces and toss to coat with marinade.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Thread metal or wooden skewers with chicken, or leave in pieces to grill separately without a skewer.
Cherry tomatoes, zucchini rounds and onion slices can be threaded onto the skewers along with the chicken
Coat a stovetop grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
Cook kebabs until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 6 minutes per side
Serve with sliced cucumbers and limes for squeezing over the grilled chicken.